Pipeline Swabbing & Sterilisation/Chlorination
When a new water pipeline has been installed or when a water pipe is leaking/damaged and then repaired, the pipeline needs to be disinfected before been brought in to use as per the Irish Water Code of Practice.
SES water provides pipe chlorination and disinfection systems which ensure that the water supply is free of harmful pathogens. This also applies to internal plumbing, storage tanks and private distribution systems.
We have worked with Irish Water, Local Authorities, Industrial/Health Sector, Consultant Engineers and Civil and Utility Companies to make sure that their network supplies undergo pipe chlorination.
The chlorination process involves:
- The pre-flushing and/or swabbing of the pipe
- Sterilization of the system by introducing a chlorine solution into the system for a period of time
- De-Chlorination of the system after a period of time (Minimum 24 hour Contact Time)
- Final Flushing with potable water, until the chlorine residual measurement drops to that prevailing in the distribution system
- Samples are also taken and tested for Bacteria by an accredited laboratory to ensure the disinfection has been successful
- Lab Results take 2 to 3 days and if clear the green light is given for the mains to be Commissioned.
Our rates are extremely competitive and all work is conducted by our experienced, professional team. Water chlorination is particularly important in businesses.
We also offer a water tanker service for sites where supply of water is not present or not sufficient for sterilisation. If you suspect that a supply could affect sterilisation works give use a call and we can work on coordinating the two services together. More information on this service can be found on our Water Tanker Service page