Leak Detection – Public Networks & DMA’s
For over a decade SES Water has been carrying out leak detection works for and with local authorities throughout Ireland. Leak detection on public networks and District Metered Areas (DMAs) can be extremely complex and would not be possible without trained and competent teams.
Working in conjunction with local authorities and main contractors under the IW National Leakage Reduction Programme we have identified significant public and private leaks. With second surveys being completed in the same areas we can see the significant savings that have been achieved as a result of the repairs being carried out on the leaks we had identified. As part of these works we conduct the following task:
- Network/DMA Boundary Confirmation
- Boundary Valves Identification and Fire Hydrant Testing
- Locate Import & Export Meters
- Completion of customer meter survey.
- Installation of flow and pressure data loggers at critical locations and high users.
- Installation of noise loggers across the network/DMA.
- Leak detection on all fittings within the DMA e.g. sluice valves, fire hydrants, etc….
- Comprehensive Acoustic Leak Detection Survey of the entire network or DMA.
- Completion of Step-test and identify areas of Unaccounted for Water (UFW)
- Mark, record and report all leak locations and defects
- Provide estimate of losses for all leaks located.
- Repair or assist in the repair of identified leaks